The Lodge remains at the entrance from Florence Road, and mature trees are found around the perimeter of the park.
Southall Recreation Ground opened as a public park in 1903 following the purchase of 18 acres of land known as Bill's Charity Land by Southall - Norwood UDC. In 1906 a bandstand, lodge and park offices were built and an open air swimming pool was provided in 1912/13, but few of these features remain. By 1965 the park had 6 tennis courts, an 18-hole putting green, football and cricket pitches, children's playground as well as the swimming pool. At that time 5,000 plants were bedded in the park annually, and the bandstand was used for musical events.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk daily.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk daily.
DirectionsRail: Southall then bus. Bus: 105, 195, H35.
- Early 20th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust