The parish church of St John the Evangelist faces Havering Village Green, and is built on the site of a 12th-century church of St Mary's, formerly one of the Palace chapels. The churchyard has a number of mature trees and is enclosed by a low wall. The oldest among the graves is that of Thomas Cheek (d.1688), Lieutenant of the Tower of London and owner of nearby Pyrgo Park.
- Visitor Access, Directions & Contacts
Access contact details
Opening is unrestricted.
Rail: Romford then bus. Bus: 375, 575
Church of England, Diocese of Chelmsford
- Medieval (1066-1540)
- 12th Century
- Features & Designations
The National Heritage List for England: Listed Building
- Reference: St John the Evangelist Church
- Grade: II
- Key Information
Open to the public
London Parks and Gardens Trust