The park has good views due to its hilly site.
Lawns Park is on land that was once part of Collier Row Common that was enclosed in 1814. A post mill stood here from around 1810 until the 1860s; between 1846-55 it was owned by William Blakeley, who is thought to have built Lawn House from which the park takes its name, which was situated just north of the park. Collier Row, a village until the 1920s, then began to be developed. In 1931 this site was acquired by Hornchurch UDC for public recreation but it was not laid out until 1956/7. Various recreational facilities were provided.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.30am - half hour after sunset.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30am - half hour after sunset.
DirectionsRail: Romford then bus. Bus: 175, 499
London Parks and Gardens Trust