The red brick building is set within grounds, and fronted by gardens. The Mission Church became the Bishop Chadwick Hall, one of a number of halls within the grounds.
In 1928 St Michael's Mission Church was built here close to the new Romford Garden Suburb, which was developed between 1910 and 1930s on land once part of the former Gidea Park Estate. In 1931 it was decided to create a new parish of Gidea Park, prior to which the area had been within that of All Saints Squirrels Heath. The parish was established in 1933 and St Michael and All Angels was consecrated in 1938.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Gidea Park; Romford. Bus: Bus: 151, 174, 350, 351, 374, 565, 751, 752
London Parks and Gardens Trust