The churchyard has a curving path bordered by flowers leading from a small iron gate to the church door. An extension to the churchyard is behind the main churchyard.
Until 1978 Noak Hill was part of the Romford parish of St Edward, and still remains a rural area set in farmland. The church was built in 1841 as St Thomas's Chapel of Ease at the behest of Lady Frances Neave of Dagnam Park, as a closer place of worship for herself and household. Her husband was Sir Thomas Neave, Governor of the Bank of England, whose family had owned land in the area since 1788.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Harold Wood then bus. Bus: 256, 294.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
Diocese of Chelmsford
London Parks and Gardens Trust