Albany Park opened in 1902, laid out on former farmland and allotments that were purchased by Enfield UDC and Trinity College Cambridge.
Further additions of land were made to the park in 1921, 1926 and 1935 when it reached its current size, this last parcel of 4.75 acres procured by Enfield Borough Council with the help of a grant of £1,100 from the King George's Fields Foundation. In World War 2, the railings on Bell Lane were removed for the war effort and the park was used for growing vegetables.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 8am Mon-Sat / 8.30am Sundays to dusk (refer to Council website for seasonal details).
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 8am Mon-Sat / 8.30am Sundays to dusk (refer to Council website for seasonal details).
DirectionsRail: Enfield Lock, Turkey Street. Bus: 121, 279, 310A, 310B, 363, N279
- Early 20th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust