Features of Northbrook Park include a play area and a sundial.
Northbrook Park opened on 14 March 1903, and was created after a deputation of residents attended the LCC's Parks and Open Spaces Committee in 1898 when they were informed of an offer made in 1897 to present the land to the public by the Earl of Northbrook in commemoration of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. The site was a field known as Ten Acres Field, although it was more like 9 acres. The park was designed by Lt Col J J Sexby, Chief Officer of the LCC's Parks Department.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am - sunset.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - sunset.
DirectionsRail: Lee then bus. Bus: 261
- Early 20th Century
- Associated People
Just one person associated to Northbrook Park