This recreational site featured facilities for bowls, tennis and cricket, along with a dedicatory plaque in the clubhouse. The site fell into disuse in the early 1990s following a failed planning application for commercial use. The site has recently (2016) been stripped for development as a new school.
This site commemorated those employees of the South Suburban Co-operative Society who gave their lives in World War 2. The site was opened by Mr J.F.R. Buttle J.P., the President of the Society, on May 11th 1947.