A municipal park that opened in 1913, featuring lakes and watercourses, Kelsey Park has much earlier origins.
Elaborate formal gardens including a lake are recorded on John Roque’s plan of 1741-48. The park is named after the Kelsey family who owned the estate in the 13th century. The last house to occupy the site was built in the late-18th century at which time the estate belonged to the Burrell family.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.30am weekdays/9am Sat/Sun/BHs - half hour after dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30am weekdays/9am Sat/Sun/BHs - half hour after dusk.
DirectionsRail: Beckenham Junction. Bus: 352 (to south), 726 (to north) 352, 367 (Village Way to the west).
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)