Fragments of the north wall of Carmarthen Street, and cobbled streets remain in the park. Other features include several mature trees and new sports facilities.
Rosemary Gardens was built on the site of the 'Islington Vauxhall', the name given in 1836 to the popular pleasure gardens of the Rosemary Branch. A tavern of that name had existed here from the 16th century. The park is also on the site of a 19th-century Independent School, a factory and various small residential streets. The park was extended in 1976, and tennis court were added in 1983.
Visitor FacilitiesAccess to some areas is unrestricted. Other areas are open from 8am to 10m.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsAccess to some areas is unrestricted. Other areas are open from 8am to 10m.
DirectionsRail: Essex Road. Tube/London Overground: Highbury & Islington (Victoria), Angel (Northern). Bus: 76, 141, 271, 341
London Parks and Gardens Trust