The garden has fine C19th ornamental gates and railings, shaped at one point around a drinking fountain. Mature plane trees surround the site and there is perimeter planting and seating; a few gravestones and chest tombs remain to the south of the church.
St John the Baptist Church is an early C19th church of classical design. The churchyard was laid out as a public garden in 1893 with grants from the MPGA, the MBW and the LCC. In the 1990s renovations to the church included addition of a children's play area.
Visitor FacilitiesAccess to the gardens is usually from 5.30am-8.30pm; Church open 9am-5pm weekdays.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsAccess to the gardens is usually from 5.30am-8.30pm; Church open 9am-5pm weekdays.
DirectionsTube/Rail: Old Street (Northern). Bus 55, 76, 141, 271
London Parks and Gardens Trust