On one side the site is flanked by St Augustine's Church, which has a pleasant garden. There is evidence of a terrace west of the church along Randolph Gardens frontage, which has a row of lime and plane trees; the ground is now subdivided with privet hedge, the northern part of which is the responsibility of WCC. The church setting now encompasses the mid-late C20th flats of Torridon House.
Randolph Gardens, now public gardens, was previously a private garden for the use of leaseholders of adjoining houses. Owned by Paddington Estate Trustees, the garden was managed by a Committee of occupiers, the expense of maintenance assessed proportionately on each house. In 1928 it was described as 'enclosed by palings, and attractively laid out with lawns and tennis courts' and contained 'some fine trees'.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Kilburn Park
London Parks and Gardens Trust