The east garden contains a fountain and modern statuary and to the west of the house are rising formal terraces with rose gardens and a memorial to local residents who fought in the Spanish Civil War in 1936-39.
Pryor's Bank house and garden was sold by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners to Fulham Vestry in 1894. The river wall was extended to the bridge and the area was cleared and laid out to extend Bishop's Park. A refreshment pavilion was built on the site of the house and the garden opened in 1900.
Visitor Facilities020 7736 8140 The gardens are open from dawn to dusk. Please see: http://www.fulhampalace.org/
- Access & Directions
Access Contact Details020 7736 8140 The gardens are open from dawn to dusk. Please see: http://www.fulhampalace.org/
DirectionsTube: Putney Bridge (District). Bus: 14, 22, 74, 220, C4
- Early 20th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust