Peplow Hall is a large 18th-century house with associated gardens. Its grounds extend east of the house down to the river Tern, and west to the main gates. They are of wrought iron and 18th century, and by Jones of Wrexham.The Chapel of Epiphany was designed by Norman Shaw in 1878, and has the low timber and brick walls and steep, tall roof typical of his style, topped by an open timber bellcote.
Peplow Hall was once the home of the Victorian philanthropist Francis Stanier. The Hall was built as a six by seven bay two-storey building in 1725 and considerably enlarged later. South of the grounds was a small park, present by 1827.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsReached from Hodnet on the A442 to Telford.
- Stoke upon Tern
- 18th Century