Parson's Green is a triangular park edged with plane trees and crossed by a lime walk.
Parson’s Green is an area of old commonland and was fenced off in the early-17th century; at one time it was in two parts, a grazing pond for cattle in the south-east and the remainder public open space. Its name comes from the Rectory that once stood on the west of the green. It became well known as a rural retreat for urban gentry by the 18th century, with a fine mansions built overlooking the green. The manorial rights over this and others commons in the area were acquired by the MBW 1881.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Parsons Green (District). Bus: 22
LB Hammersmith & Fulham