The Old Vicarage, Great Staughton 5958

Great Staughton, England, Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire

Brief Description

Features of The Old Vicarage include lawns, paths and a kitchen garden.

History

The Old Vicarage was created in the mid-19th century for Mr. Wilson.

Detailed Description

A footpath leads from the west of the house through the park to the church. The garden to the west of the house comprises lawns and to the north a kitchen garden is divided into four quarters by paths.
Features
  • Path
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Kitchen Garden
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Lawn
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Great Staughton
History

Detailed History

The Old Vicarage is situated to the north-east of the village church which lies east of the River Kym. Built in 1852 by Mr H.B. Wilson, the house is approached through a mixed tree-lined drive to the west of the small park.

Period

  • Victorian (1837-1901)
References

Contributors

  • Cambridgeshire Gardens Trust