Old Grange, Ickleton 5648

Ickleton, England, Cambridgeshire, South Cambridgeshire

Brief Description

Features include a drive, meadows and a pond.

History

Old Grange was established in the late-17th century as a private residence.

Detailed Description

The Grange was re-fronted in the 18th century and is surrounded by stables and barns, and reached by a straight drive. Owned by the Wyndham family, who lived at Caldrees Manor in the village, the complex of buildings is centred on a simple geometric setting of lush grazing meadows bounded by old flint walls. In 1803 the garden around the Grange included a large pond and extensive orchard, and little has changed since that date.
Features
  • Drive
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Orchard
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Garden Wall
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Pond
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Stable
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Manor House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Ickleton
History

Detailed History

The Old Grange was built between 1618 and 1685 and nestles at the foot of a hill two miles west of Ickelton village.
References

Contributors

  • Cambridgeshire Gardens Trust