St Andrew's Churchyard and Burial Ground, Totteridge (also known as Totteridge Parish Church)7371

London, Greater London, England

Brief Description

The churchyard has numerous gravestones, chest tombs and monuments among grass, a lych-gate and war memorial. There are mature evergreens, including an ancient yew with 27 foot girth still standing. A second burial area is now located behind the old churchyard near the parish hall.

History

St Andrew's Church has existed here since at least the 16th century on the site of a much earlier church. It lies on the boundary of the medieval manor. The church was rebuilt in 1790, a plain brick building with a weather-boarded bell turret of 1706 from the older church.

Visitor Facilities

Opening is unrestricted.
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

Opening is unrestricted.

Directions

Tube: Totteridge & Whetstone (Northern) then bus. Bus 251.
History

Period

  • 16th Century
Contact
References

Contributors

  • London Parks and Gardens Trust

  • London Parks and Gardens Trust