Oakwood Park, Salford 6246

Salford, Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester, England

Brief Description

Oakwood Park is now semi-naturalised, with an area of recent tree planting.

History

Oakwood Park has a group of three separate houses, the Priory, Haven and Ingleside, to the north of Swinton Park Road. The houses appear to share a formal garden setting with a series of connecting pathways and drives and one house, the largest, has a lawn with amoeboid beds set in it. Ingleside was the home of Major E F Pilkington JP of the glassmaking family and was one of three houses presented by him to the Salford Corporation in 1936. The house and grounds were then incorporated into Oakwood Park.

Visitor Facilities

This is a municipal site for general public use. Please see: http://www.salford.gov.uk/leisure/parks/parksinsalford/publicparks/parks-cws.htm
Features
  • Tree Feature
  • Description: There is an area of recently-planted trees.
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

This is a municipal site for general public use. Please see: http://www.salford.gov.uk/leisure/parks/parksinsalford/publicparks/parks-cws.htm
Authorities

Electoral Ward

  • Irlam
References

References

Contributors

  • Lancashire Gardens Trust

  • Greater Manchester Archaeological Unit