Pendlebury House 6252

Salford, Greater Manchester, England, Greater Manchester

Brief Description

Pendlebury House had a house surrounded by a wooded area and park. The site also included a chapel dating from 1250. By the late-19th-century the park had been cut through by the Pendleton and Hindley line and the chapel is no longer marked on the map. The area is now occupied by sewage works and other industrial buildings, and the site is lost.

References

References

Contributors

  • Lancashire Gardens Trust

  • Greater Manchester Archaeological Unit