Features of Coulsdon Memorial Ground include a café, toilets, children’s playground, bowling green, putting green, tennis, basketball, netball courts, cricket pitch.
Coulsdon Memorial Ground was opened in 1921 as a public recreation ground, dedicated to Coulsdon men who fell in World War 1. The war memorial is situated at the top of the site and takes the form of a portico with an inscription on the rear wall. A plaque was later added to commemorate those who died in World War 2. The land had originally been part of Edmund Byron’s Coulsdon Estate and was purchased by Coulsdon and Purley UDC in 1920, partly by public subscription. By 1940 recreational facilities included tennis courts, bowling green, putting green and toilets.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Coulsdon South. Bus: 60, 404, 405
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust