Features of Rickman Hill Recreation Ground include a sports ground, football pitches, tennis and basketball courts and a children's playground.
Rickman Hill Recreation Ground was formerly an old field with a small woodland, Mother Kitty’s Shaw, in the north-east corner. Much of this area was once owned by the Carew family, who had held land at Hartley since the 14th century. Later Henry VIII granted the Manor of Coulsdon to Sir Nicholas Carew of Beddington, whose father Sir Richard Carew had bequeathed land at Ruckkenhams, or Rickham Hill, to his widow. The site was purchased in 1927 by Coulsdon & Purley UDC for use as a recreation ground.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
- Early 20th Century