Bradmore Green is the remnant of the village green and pond of the old village of Coulsdon, once part of the manorial lands held by the Abbey of Chertsey until the Dissolution of the Monasteries.
Following the Dissolution of the Monasteries in the C16th, the manorial rights passed to the King and then to various famous families until 1783. The Byron family then held the land until 1921, when it passed to Purley and Coulsdon UDC. It was from this period that the area began to change dramatically, with the arrival of the the railway at the bottom of Marlpit Lane accelerating development.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Coulsdon South then bus. Bus: 404