This park consists of wooded areas and downland grass. Features include nature trails and horse riding circuits. The park is an important wildlife reserve.
Land including Happy Valley, Devilsden Wood and Glebelands was purchased under the Green Belt scheme in 1937 as a link between Farthing Downs and Coulsdon Common. Parson’s Pightle Estate was added a little later, the whole being called Coulsdon Green Belt Lands. Between 1956-66 much of the site was leased to a local farmer for hay crops. When the lease terminated, large areas were cleared of the scrub that had grown up as a result of the hay being left as well as the decline of the rabbit population. In 1970 the name Happy Valley was adopted for the whole park.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Coulsdon South then bus. Bus: 60