Deptford Memorial Gardens comprise three strips of formal gardens laid out on raised ground between the main road on the south side and a row of mid-19th-century paired houses. At the northern end is the World War 1 war memorial, a Portland stone obelisk with figures of a soldier and sailor, which was unveiled in 1921. Today the gardens form a strip of lawn within which is a series of circular, rectangular or oval flower beds with seasonal displays. A path runs through the gardens and there are a number of seats. Yew hedges and shrubbery border the garden to the south and there are a number of ornamental trees, as well as lime and horse chestnuts. The border to Lewisham Way has a scalloped retaining wall.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail/London Overground: New Cross
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust