The campus buildings are set within grounds that have one main green space, College Green, a rectangular lawn with the rear of the Richard Hoggart Building on the north-east side, and new buildings to the west and south-west, down to tennis courts.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsRail/London Overground: New Cross, New Cross Gate
Goldsmiths College was formerly the Royal Naval School, which was opened by Prince Albert in 1843. It was built by John Shaw the Younger in 1843-45 who also designed the chapel in 1853. In 1891 the Goldsmiths' Company purchased the building and founded its own Technical and Recreative Institute here. In 1904 the site and its buildings were presented to the University of London. It was badly bombed in WWII.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
London Parks and Gardens Trust