Manor House, Warboys 6174

England, Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire

Brief Description

Features of Manor House include yew hedges, herbaceous borders, paths and lawns.

History

Manor House was built in the mid-17th century as a private residence.

Visitor Facilities

This site is open only as a wedding venue.

Detailed Description

The garden lies to the south of the house, and is divided into two areas by a yew hedge. It contains herbaceous borders and a gravel brick edged path and lawn. There are fine views extending to the fields beyond.

Features
  • Path
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Lawn
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Herbaceous Border
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Hedge
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Manor House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

This site is open only as a wedding venue.
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Warboys
History

Detailed History

Situated to the north of the village church the Manor House is a mid-17th-century red brick house with two Dutch gables. The house was built by Sir John Leman, member of the Fishmongers' Company and Lord Mayor of London 1616-1617. Earlier in the 20th century, the house was let to Virginia Woolf.
References

Contributors

  • Cambridgeshire Gardens Trust