The park occupies an important site overlooking the Thames, and is one of only two riverside parks in the borough, the other the newly created Thames Barrier Park. The design of the park changed over the years, and it now contains a set of ornamental wrought iron gates, originally the entrance gates to Harland & Wolff Ltd, ship builders, a reminder of the industrial heritage of the area.
Lyle Park was opened on 24 July 1924 by Sir Leonard Lyle, JP on land that was gifted to West Ham by the Golden Syrup manufacturer Abraham Lyle & Son.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from dawn to dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from dawn to dusk.
DirectionsRail: Custom House then bus. Docklands Light Railway: Royal Victoria then bus. Bus: 69, 474.
- Early 20th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust