The Leys is an open area of grassland with trees, shrubs and the Wantz stream running through it.
This was formerly meadowland of Leys Farm, and once part of the Manor of East Hall, which dated back to at least the C14th. The site was purchased by Dagenham UDC in 1928 to provide for public recreation and at one time had a fine open-air swimming pool, which opened in 1939. The filtration plant was destroyed in WWII in 1940 and the pool eventually closed in 1980.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Dagenham East or Dagenham Heathway (District) then bus. Bus: 145.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust