King George's Field is an enclosed grassed area. The small park was ‘to be laid out ... with provision for gardening facilities for Marsh Green School’.
The park was laid out by Dagenham Borough Council in 1953 with a grant of £2,000 from King George's Fields Foundation to lay out the 2.1 acre site. The Foundation was set up as a memorial following the death of George V on 30 January 1936 and provided funding for the creation or improvement of a great many playing fields before it was dissolved in 1965. The gate piers have the characteristic heraldic stone plaques that denote all King George's Fields.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.15am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.15am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Dagenham Heathway (District) then bus. Rail: Dagenham Dock. Bus: 173, 174, 175, 287.