Much of the 1930s layout remains. The northern end consisted of playing fields, with large public gardens in the south-west, and the remainder levelled as unrailed open space partly for sports but mostly ‘free for people to walk and children to play upon’.
Parsloes Park derives its name from the Passelewe family, who held the land from around 1250. In 1901 part of the estate was leased to the National Trotting Horse Breeders Association for an American-style trotting track. In 1923 the London County Council acquired the estate to build the Becontree Housing Estate, whose official completion was celebrated by the opening of Parsloes Park in July 1935, the central open space of the new estate.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Becontree or Dagenham Heathway (District). Bus: 62, 145, 364.