The park was laid out with children’s playground, drinking fountain, bandstand, rose beds, formal planting, bowling green, a Sports Arena with stands and pavilion, tennis courts and a putting green. Over the years various facilities were added to the park including a new stadium stand in 1950 and new children’s playground in 1961. The park lodge remains near the original entrance gates.
Dagenham Park opened in 1931 on land purchased by Dagenham UDC. The land was once part of the Manor of East Hall, which dated back to at least the 14th century.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Dagenham East (District). Bus: 145.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)