Langthorne Park was opened on 17 June 2000 and features a number of specially commissioned art features to enhance both the physical environment of the park as well as providing visual representations of the site's long history.
The site was formerly that of the West Ham Union Workhouse, which was built in 1842 in what was then a rural area. It later became Langthorne Hospital, named after Stratford Langthorne Abbey, which had owned much of the area in medieval times. After the hospital closed in the late 1980s the buildings were acquired for new housing, with the remainder of the site acquired to create a new public park.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 9am - half hour before sunset.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 9am - half hour before sunset.
DirectionsTube: Leyton (Central). Rail: Maryland. London Overground: Leytonstone High Road then bus. Bus: 257
LB Waltham Forest
London Parks and Gardens Trust