Jersey Gardens are linear public gardens laid out in 1930/31 when the area was developed.
Gravel from the future site of the gardens had been extracted for the construction of the Great West Road in 1920-25. Its name derives from the Earls of Jersey, who owned the nearby Osterley Park estate. The original layout of the gardens featured a substantial sunken rock garden planted extensively with alpine plants; a small central garden with grass, trees, shrubs and circular shelter; tennis courts and children's playing field, later a playground. In 1936 a bowling green was opened to the west.
Visitor FacilitiesThis park is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThis park is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Osterley (Piccadilly). Bus: H91, H28
- Early 20th Century