The 1st edition Ordnance Survey map shows a quarry, triangular garden with crossed paths and an oval area of ground protruding into a field, edged with trees. In 1910, there was conifer planting and a circular path. The current status of these features is unknown.
Hilders is probably a corruption of the name written as Hilleshers in a 1296 Subsidy Roll. The name has also been written as Hylleshers and Ilesherssche.