In the south is a garden with a water feature that was once part of the much larger lagoon created for the Exhibition Grounds in 1908, known as the Court of Honour.
Hammersmith Park was built on land reserved for open space when the former White City Exhibition Grounds, created for the 1908 Olympics, were redeveloped in the 1940s and '50s. The Grounds had been used for a series of international exhibitions until World War 1, which included an Anglo-Japanese exhibition in 1910. The Garden of Peace created for that event survived and remains as a feature within Hammersmith Park, restored in 2008. The park was laid out with tennis courts and a playground in November 1954, the remainder opening in September the following year.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: White City (Central), Shepherd's Bush Market (Hammersmith and City). Rail/London Overground/Tube (Central): Shepherd's Bush. Bus: 72, 95, 220, 283
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust