The park has its original railings, perimeter trees and formal planted areas.
This is part of the St Quintin estate in North Kensington, which was developed from the late 1860s. Kensington Memorial Park opened in 1923, originally called St Mark's Park. The land was acquired for the purpose by the Kensington War Memorial Committee and the site was given to the London County Council who laid the park out mainly as a children's playground. Other recreational facilities were added over the years.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Ladbroke Grove (Hammersmith & City) then bus.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)