In recent years a nature area has been created and there are ornamental bedding displays in some areas including around the Lodge.
Avondale Park was laid out in in the 1890s by Kensington Borough Council on the former site of the main refuse dump and cesspool. The park opened to the public in 1892 and among the original facilities were a playground, shelter, entrance lodge and bandstand, the latter demolished in 1966. A grey granite drinking fountain was presented by the Metropolitan Drinking Fountain and Cattle Trough Association.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 7.30am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 7.30am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Latimer Road (Metropolitan)