A War Memorial was installed on the Green in 1922, recently re-sited on a new plinth as part of major restoration works on the Green in 2012, with new playgrounds, pathways and planting.
Formerly waste of the Manor of Fulham and famous in the 18th century for the display of bodies of those hanged at Tyburn, Shepherd's Bush Common or Green was acquired by Fulham Board of Works from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners in 1871 for public open space. The marshy land was drained and laid out with paths, and the perimeter was planted with London plane trees.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Shepherd's Bush Market (Hammersmith and City). Rail/London Overground/Tube (Central): Shepherd's Bush. Bus: 49, 95, 207, 237, 260, 607
London Parks and Gardens Trust