Cherry Tree Wood, formerly known as Dirthouse Wood, contains a fragment of the ancient Finchley Wood, and is on the northern edge of what was once the Bishop of London's Hornsey Park.
In 1914 the site was purchased for a public park by Finchley UDC from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. It comprises a roughly triangular area of open grassland and woodland on its northern perimeter with some ancient hornbeams and oaks, and a small lodge at its western tip. Facilities provided included tennis courts and a putting green, the latter no longer in existence.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted. Café open daily in summer, November-April weekends only.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted. Café open daily in summer, November-April weekends only.
DirectionsTube: East Finchley (Northern). Bus 102, 143, 234, 263, H3
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust