Most of the Greenhill land was developed for housing from 1926, and the public park represents the small portion that survived, with its lake, mature trees and perimeter walk.
Greenhill Gardens is on land originally part of a large country estate known as Pricklers. The ornamental lake that dominates the park dates from the parkland landscaping. By the 16th century the estate was called Greenhill but was split up in the 19th century when Thomas Wyatt built Willenhall in the southern part.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: High Barnet (Northern) then bus. Rail: New Barnet then bus. Bus: 84, 107, 307, 326, 34, 234, 263, 384.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust