The park is in two parts, a more formal area with lawns and shrubberies, children's playground, cycle track and sports court, and an informal area of open grassland.
Garratt was a hamlet in the south of the parish of Wandsworth, mentioned in the records of Merton Priory as ‘tenement of the Garrett, manor of Durnsford’ in 1538. Garratt Park was opened as a public park ‘for children’s recreation’ in May 1906. It was laid out on the former grounds of Garratt House, demolished in 1890, which had been owned by the proprietors of Garratt Mills from the 18th century.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsTube: Tooting Broadway (Northern) then bus. Bus: G1
- Early 20th Century