Fernhill Hall 5522

Whittington, England, Shropshire

Brief Description

In 1851 Fernhill Hall was surrounded by pleasure grounds and shrubberies and possessed a wooded park with thriving plantations. In the later 19th century the park encompassed both the Hall and Great Fernhill, a mile to its west. Approaching Great Fernhill from the south were the remains of an avenue.

History

Fernhill Hall had an established park and plantations by 1851, and the park expanded further in the later 19th century.

Features
  • Country House (featured building)
  • Description: Fernhill Hall was described in 1851 in Bagshaw's gazetteer of Shropshire as 'a neat mansion of free stone.'
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Avenue
  • Description: In the late 19th century there was an avenue running through the park from the south towards Great Fernhill.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Whittington
References

References