Eyton upon the Weald Moors Hall 5516

Eyton upon the Weald Moors, England, Shropshire

Brief Description

T.C. Eyton, who improved Eyton Hall with a galleried museum wing, imparked an area south of the hall and stocked it with fallow deer. A half-mile walnut avenue ran through the park to the south.

History

T.C. Eyton created a park south of the hall in 1851. The herd was sold in 1881 to the Earl of Derby to augment his herd at Knowsley, and the walnut avenue was felled in 1963.

Features
  • Avenue
  • Description: There was a walnut avenue running south through the park.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
History

Period

  • Victorian (1837-1901)
References

References