The college itself, the gates, piers and a fountain are all listed. A small strip of land of 0.5 hectares in front of Dulwich College remains commonland.
Dulwich College arose out Alleyn's College of God's Gift founded in 1619 by theatre impresario Edward Alleyn. The school moved to the current site in 1870 when the main building, originally called New College, was built, designed in Italianate style by Charles Barry Jnr, son of the architect of the Houses of Parliament. The site was formerly part of Dulwich Common. Numerous new school buildings have been added since that time.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is mostly private, but does have occasional open days.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is mostly private, but does have occasional open days.
DirectionsRail: West Dulwich. Bus: P4, P13
- Associated People
London Parks and Gardens Trust