The railed garden has some ornamental planting, rose beds and areas of lawn, with trees and shrubs on the perimeter.
Dulwich Library was built on a site given by the Estates' Governors of Alleyn's College of God's Gift. A donation by philanthropist John Passmore Edwards paid for the building, and the foundation stone was laid by Sir Henry Irving. An additional sum was provided by Camberwell Vestry who laid out the surrounding land as a public garden. Dulwich Library was opened on 24 November 1897 by the Lord Chancellor, Lord Halsbury.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsBus: 12, 40, 176, 185
London Parks and Gardens Trust