Recent restoration has included a new paddling pool and sand pit.
In 1923 land here owned by the Duke of Devonshire was purchased by Chiswick UDC from the 9th Duke, the Council hoping to recoup some of the cost through hiring out part of the land to sports clubs. A terraced riverside promenade was created as a public park, with balustrading and viewpoints to the river, a bandstand and two shelters. It was opened by the Duke of York in 1926.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Chiswick, Barnes Bridge. Bus: E3, 190.
- Early 20th Century