The 18th-century coach house and cottages were converted in the mid-1990s to be self-catering accommodation. As at 2011 the house was in use as a bed and breakfast, and the kitchen garden was run separately.
Cuffern Manor was built around 1770-1780 for John Rees Stokes, a local landed gentleman, within wooded grounds.
- Manor House (featured building)
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Kitchen Garden
- Description: The walled kithen garden is marked on early Ordnance Survey maps but no further information is given. Its size was shown to be around one hectare. The kitchen garden walls are around 3 metres high, constructed of stone. There are three doors. Two wells are shown on old maps, but have yet to be located. Described in 2012, the walled garden is mostly restored to use, partly for garden parties and partly for cultivation. A stone built shed has been restored and the three entrance doorways have oak doors. There was formerly an asphalt surfaced tennis court within the garden and the hardstanding has been retained for use during periods when the weather is too wet to use the lawn at the front of the manor for functions.
- Description: The foundations and wall of the glasshouses are evident, but no glass remains.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsThe site is off the A487 St Davids to Haverfordwest road.
- 18th Century
- Late 18th Century