Scolton Manor (also known as Scolton Manor Museum)2922

Haverfordwest, Wales

Brief Description

The house, stable block and kitchen garden were built about 1840. The park and gardens were formed about 1843. There is a small arboretum adjacent to the house. It contains some fine exotic and mature trees. The site has been used for educational and recreational purposes since 1974.

History

James Higgon commissioned the Owen brothers to design the house in 1831. It was completed in 1842, and the park was laid out soon afterwards.

Visitor Facilities

This is the site of the Scolton Manor Museum. The museum is open between Easter and October, and the park is open throughout the year.
Features
  • House (featured building)
  • Description: The house is a square block of two storeys with grey render and a slate hipped roof.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Stable Block
  • Description: The stable block and smithy are now used for craft exhibitions.
  • Garden Building
  • Description: New visitor centre of hexagonal shape.
  • Tree Feature
  • Description: Arboretum.
Garden Terrace, Pond
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

This is the site of the Scolton Manor Museum. The museum is open between Easter and October, and the park is open throughout the year.
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Spittal
History

Period

  • Victorian (1837-1901)
Associated People
Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Other websites

Owners

  • Pembrokeshire County Council

References

References