Warpool Court Hotel 3429

Pembrokeshire, Wales

Brief Description

The house dates from 1865, with additions from 1880 to 1899, and further alterations between 1900 and 1914. The walled kitchen garden was associated with the second phase. The formal garden south of the house was associated with the last of these phases. It was slightly Italianate, and characterized by red and black brickwork decoration. The site is now in use as a hotel.

History

The first house, Bryn-y-garn, was built between 1865 and 1870 by Peter James for Alfred Green.

Features

Style

  • Formal
  • House (featured building)
  • Description: Three storey building orientated east-west.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Kitchen Garden
  • Description: Walled kitchen garden.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Sundial
  • Description: Large sundial.
  • Statue
  • Description: Two Italian marble statues.
  • Specimen Tree
  • Description: Large old mulberry tree.
Garden Terrace
Access & Directions

Directions

The site is signposted from the centre of St. Davids.
Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Click Here

Other websites

Owners

  • Peter Trier

References

References